RELX Group Legal Practice Area Lead in Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Legal Practice Area Lead
Location: Wan Chai, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
• The Practice Area Lead is responsible for content strategy, content roadmap and developing subject matter expertise relating to the Practice Areas assigned to their portfolio, including content acquisition, content development, author management, and product strategy.
• The PAL is a market-facing role, and requires regular interfacing with customers, authors, and other industry associations. The PAL is the key stakeholder in relation to content development and strategy within their portfolio and is expected to assist the product manager drive revenue and growth through development initiatives and in partnership with other internal departments.
• The PAL owns the relationship with authors and contributors for the products within their portfolio, and is responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of content from the author. The PAL is also responsible for commissioning new authors, and nurturing and developing relationships with their authors.
• Commissioning new authors and content relevant to practice area;
• Acquisition of content from existing authors;
• Timely delivery of content is a key deliverable for this role
• Demonstrate and articulate subject matter expertise in the practice areas relevant to portfolio;
• Keep abreast of legal developments within target practice areas;
• Identify and maintain record of key parties of interest to practice areas;
• Identify and track core subscriber base for practice areas;
• Assist Product Managers in preparing product reviews and reports;
• Support the sales and marketing teams with information relating to content within the product catalogue;
• Timely delivery of content from external stakeholders is a key deliverable for this role;
• Develop and articulate forward-facing digital content strategy;
• Assist in developing product enhancements and product roadmaps;
• Work with Strategy team to ensure alignment of activity to overarching business strategy;
Experience & Qualification:
• Tertiary Education Qualification required (Law preferred);
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Knowledge of and/or experience in financial services regulation or tax would be advantageous
• Computer skills in Microsoft Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, internet skills;
• Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills would be advantageous;
• Sound working knowledge of publishing workflow preferred - from idea conception through to receipt by customer;
• Prior commissioning experience preferred; superior relationship management skills;
• Demonstrated practical legal knowledge and understanding of legal markets.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a truly close-knit and collaborative group, in a rapidly growing division of a large global corporate, with the opportunity to take the lead on maximizing our product portfolio’s potential into a diverse industry sector. In return, you can expect a dynamic culture in a fast-moving agile environment, with career opportunities across the broader LexisNexis group, both locally and across the globe.