RELX Group Vertical Solutions Consultant in United States
Vertical Solutions Consultant
Location: United States
A subject matter expert with knowledge of a particular industry or product set that is there to assist the sales teams/market planning teams with direct customer interaction in order to advance the sales process. Provides expertise by applying product and/or process to the customer base within a specific vertical. Maintain pulse of the market while accomplishing and supporting market planning goals. Drive revenue in the vertical through continuing education, consulting and support of the entire sales force. Primary focus on larger customers to develop strategy and written workflow documentation. Reports directly to the Manager/Director, Vertical Solutions Consultants.
• Interacts regularly with customers (both internal and external) to provide leadership, expertise and guidance in translating how processes meet the customer’s needs in a persuasive business case and identify and recommend solutions to meet customer needs.
• Develops and maintains an in depth understanding of all customer objectives. Performs the appropriate operational analysis and formats the results into a professional customer presentation/workflow.
• Understands profit and loss analysis in 1 or 2 markets and industries. Makes sound business decisions based on this data.
• Responsible for identifying and communicating to management, sales professionals or other team members best practices within their specified industry.
• Expected to participate in and effectively lead the workflow presentation to the customer mainly via telephone/WebX, and provide risk information and analytics and market specific knowledge and understanding of the proposed solution.
• Works closely with Market Planning/Product Management in the development of tactical plans to ensure execution against the strategic plan/vision for the particular market segment
• Document and communicate to Market Planning new solution opportunity ideas obtained through interaction with customer engagements. Document the potential revenue impact to build a business case for resource allocation.
• Maintains good relationship with functional client contacts
• Builds relationships with key client stakeholders and decision makers. Develops LexisNexis advocates at clients that support our solutions.
• Proactively identifies client opportunities across the business, adjacent markets, and other lines of business, new geographies and new use cases.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in business-related major or statistics or related experience
• Excellent project management and analytical skills
• 5-10+ years direct client experience
• Minimum 6+ years of risk management experience or education/certification in a specific field
• Relationship building skills and the ability to collaborate and interact effectively with market planning, sales, batch, XML, sales leadership and all internal customers
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• CRM technology experience preferred
• Smartdraw or Visio (or similar workflow software) experience preferred
• Ability to collaborate and interact effectively with internal and external clients
• Solid time management skills and strict adherence to timelines is critical
• Highly motivated and able to work independently
• Travel is required