RELX Group Director Software Engineering in Toronto, Ontario
Director Software Engineering
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Director Software Engineering
LexisNexis offers a market-leading range of vital information and powerful tools for all kinds of legal professionals. We are a Canadian subsidiary of a strong multi-billion $ revenue multi-national organization. We have one foot in the long and proud history of legal publishing, and the other in today’s exciting world of informatics, big data, artificial intelligence, and technology-enabled professional work. LexisNexis has a strong brand in Canada that we are using to bring an unprecedented portfolio of new products to market. Our Toronto office is located just north of the DVP & the 401.
This position is the senior management representative of the Global Technology Organization on-site in our Toronto, ON office responsible for all aspects of technology and development leadership for the LexisNexis Canada business unit. This position sets the architectural standard for the work group as well as providing the team with day-to-day management and direction to accomplish on-time, efficient delivery of product development goals and IT support for the Toronto office. Additionally, the position will also lead a development team to perform research, design, and software development assignments within a software functional area and provide direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the development of cross-functional software products.
• Lead internal and external technology resources in support of the LexisNexis Canada business.
• Manage relationships with key stakeholders within the business: Product Management, Product Owners, Local Finance & HR partners, Global Operations – Local Editorial team.
• Successfully partner and lead large offshore resources and collaborate with LexisNexis teams around the globe in solving complex business needs.
• Perform reviews to ensure enterprise and architectural standards and processes are followed.
• Complete management responsibilities to include performance management, hiring, and coaching of staff.
• Lead and develop action plans to improve Employee Opinion Survey results and improve team’s Agile Maturity Model scores and other key quality metrics.
• Utilize best practices and understands emerging trends.
• Write advanced complex code for computer systems and serve as a senior source of expertise.
• Manage system and user acceptance testing cycles to ensure accurate and quality business solutions.
• Lead the development of technical standards, and perform reviews to ensure enterprise and architectural standards and processes are followed.
• Serve as a primary technical point of contact for external technology resources.
• Recommend technical strategy and direction across functional area.
• Participate in development and evolution of architecture.
• Manage local IT budget for expense, investment and capital. Issue and manage work orders with vendors. Monitor and manage capacity planning.
• Consult with stakeholders to find alternative work-arounds during system outages.
• Provide design input across a product.
• Work directly with customers, end users, and senior internal business and technology leaders.
• Serve as acknowledged “go to” person for technical issues.
• Ensure that team members finalize requirements and assist where necessary.
• Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of moderate complexity.
• Design and work with complex data models.
• Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Ensure all staff is provided with training and resources needed to perform their jobs to the most outstanding degree possible. Ensure all staff is provided with frequent feedback and coaching in order to meet and exceed individual and team performance goals consistently.
• Manage and encourage new ideas from staff to foster improvements through innovations.
• Empower the staff to be accountable and responsible for their own actions and decisions.
• Seek diverse ideas and perspectives from a variety of sources to create better solutions, products, and services.
• 12+ years of Software Development experience
• 5+ years of Software Development management experience
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred
• Key experience and proven competencies in technologies associated with responsibilities.
• Knowledge of large complex systems.
• Proven experience utilizing Alternative Sourcing Models.
• Strong knowledge of architectural principles.
• Proven ability to leverage technical metrics to drive effective business decisions.
• Proven expert in partnering with and leading internal and external technology resources in solving complex business needs.
• Expertise and proven experience in both Managed Services and Staff Augmentation models.
• Strong proficiency in database technology, design and manipulation, optimization, best practices, and leading industry trend knowledge.
• Knowledge in normalized/dimensional data modelling principles and their application to complex business needs.
• Expertise in techniques for design and code reviews of offshore technical proposals.
• Proven knowledge and experience in project planning and management tools to manage project progress, budget, and scope.
- Experience and knowledge of help desk support and basic IT tech support functions for a medium sized office.
• Experience in code reviews and development approaches.
• Expertise in industry best practices in offshore partnership development.
• Proven ability to lead test-driven development and maintenance along with experience and knowledge of test and build automation including software performance testing.
• Industry wide or broad company wide technical knowledge.
• Proven ability to adapt to new roles and responsibilities.
• Software development process expert in applicable methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
• Expertise with the Agile Maturity Model.
• Expert knowledge of multiple data storage subsystems.
• Advanced skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through the direct management of others.
• Advanced organization/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments, and advanced delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and managing projects of various size and complexity.
• Excellent problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers, etc., including diction/terminology and presenting information in a concise and effective manner to clients, management, and various departments using assorted communication mediums.
· Proven ability to make independent, quick management decisions in a data-driven approach, yet understand, support and execute against a strategic direction and within budgetary boundaries.
• Strong budgeting and finance skills.
• Proven expertise in the use and development of applicable desktop tool sets.
• Strong proficiency with data manipulation language including optimization techniques.
• Ability to design and work with complex data models, understanding and use of data analytics.
• Knowledge in using and developing applicable tool sets.
· Knowledge and experience with mainframe and iSeries Towers operations and support.
· Experience with use of Agile Management tools such as: VersionOne, JIRA, or VSTS.
Competitive salary plus:
• Pension Plan
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid Personal Leave Days
• Two Paid Volunteer Days
• Summer Hours
• Opportunity to work in a stimulating and collegial environment
• Good work/life balance
LexisNexis® is a leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions designed specifically for professionals in the legal, risk management, corporate, government, law enforcement, accounting and academic markets. LexisNexis originally pioneered online information with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. A member of Reed Elsevier [NYSE: ENL; NYSE: RUK], LexisNexis serves customers in more than 100 countries with 18,000 employees worldwide.
In Canada, LexisNexis serves professionals in law firms, corporations, government and academic institutions, providing them with total solutions that serve professionals’ changing needs and help them achieve excellence.
LexisNexis Canada Inc. is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.