RELX Group Senior Finanicial Analyst in Tokyo, Japan
Senior Finanicial Analyst
Location: Tokyo, Japan
The Sr. Financial Analyst will be an integral member of the North Asia Finance team (Japan & South Korea).This position is responsible for coordinating the annual budget process, 3-year strategic forecast, month-end management reporting, quarterly business reviews, and cost control planning while working with cross-functional leadership teams to ensure efforts are aligned and initiatives are executed.
The position reports directly to the Finance Director of North Asia and has frequent interactions with North Asia business partners and APAC Finance teams.
· Management reporting: Prepare monthly financial presentations for Senior Management including summarized financial statements, business insights and commentary, as well as analysis on trends and plan variances
· Provide timely, sound and actionable financial recommendations from insights on scenarios of future performance. Interpret, explain and drive financial performance using additional business insight and local knowledge to develop commentaries.
· Strategic and tactical Planning, budgeting and forecasting: Plan, Budget, RF1/2/3: Advise on key business planning assumptions, trade-offs and opportunities based on "what if" scenarios. Coordinate and prepare quarterly forecasts, annual budgets, and 3-year operating plans to ensure the achievement of North Asia revenue growth and profit targets
· Lead reporting and analysis for Net POS metrics (New customers, Upsell/Downsell, and Cancels)
· Lead small to mid-size projects to drive operational efficiency through report automation, financial system enhancement, and process improvement
· Investment: Identify areas of financial performance that merit analytical investigation and request support through the demand management framework. Provide support, review and challenge on investments in technology, acquisitions or product rollouts from development of business cases, through the acquisition lifecycle to reviewing financial performance and outcomes.
· Provide financial guidance on the impact of cost savings actions and present operating efficiency recommendations to both functional and company senior management.
· Assist in delivery of effective presentations on the strategic and operational financial goals for Senior Management
· Support Finance Director with all ad-hoc requests
· Native or very fluent English. Japanese proficiency is preferred also.
· 2-6 years of experience in a Finance or Analytics related role
· System knowledge: Microsoft Excel (advanced level), Hyperion, and Salesforce
· Highly motivated; strong work ethic; positive attitude towards work
· Ability to take direction and adapt quickly to new surroundings
· Bachelor’s degree or above is required