RELX Group Senior Data Engineer in San Jose, California
Senior Data Engineer
Location: San Jose, California, United States
ThreatMetrix is seeking an outgoing, curious, interdisciplinary senior machine learning Data Engineer that has a passion for modeling and data analysis.
· Bring a combination of mathematical rigor and innovative algorithm design to create advanced recipes that extract intelligence from billions of rows of data to improve our digital identity solutions and fraud detection capabilities.
· Build efficient data pipeline and translate unstructured, complex business problems into well-defined feature space, implement elegant and efficient learning algorithms to work at scale.
Expected Personal Skills
· Clear and effective English communicator of technical issues.
· Team player who works effectively with self-managed cross-functional teams.
· Organized, methodical, and detail oriented.
· Ability to work with geographically dispersed teams.
· Committed to the success of the team and the company.
Required Technical Skills
· Hands-on and effective analysis on large amount of historical data leading to the better understanding of the data implications.
· Knowledgeable about statistical modeling, machine learning techniques and working experience from prototyping to production.
· Deeper understanding of feature engineering and variable selection. Practical knowledge of regression models, decision trees, anomaly detection, and deep learning.
· Fluent with Java, Python and Unix/Linux platform. Experienced with best practices in software design and testing.
· Strong experience with latest big data computation and analytics platforms (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Impala, etc.).
· Experience in computer security, risk management and fraud detection.
· MS or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Operations Research, etc.
· 5+ years of quantitative analytics and data engineering experience with large data-sets, from prototyping to modeling and to implementation with business impact.
About the Team
The ThreatMetrix engineering team is an international team that includes experts in digital identity, device intelligence, fraud detection, real time systems, Software as a Service (SaaS) applications, machine learning, and data analytics. We are an Agile engineering team using concepts such as Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Improvement. We leverage many powerful open source packages including Hadoop, Impala, Kafka, Spark, Aerospike and many more to build our solutions.
ThreatMetrix®, The Digital Identity Company®, is the market-leading cloud solution for authenticating digital personas and transactions on the Internet. Verifying more than 20 billion annual transactions supporting 30,000 websites and 4,500 customers globally through the ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network®, ThreatMetrix secures businesses and end users against account takeover, payment fraud and fraudulent account registrations resulting from malware and data breaches. Key benefits include an improved customer experience, reduced friction, revenue gain and lower fraud and operational costs. The ThreatMetrix solution is deployed across a variety of industries, including financial services, e-commerce, payments and lending, media, government and insurance.
At ThreatMetrix, a LexisNexis Risk Solutions company, we believe in the power of data and advanced analytics for better risk management. With over 40 years of expertise, we are the trusted data analytics provider for organizations seeking actionable insights to manage risks and improve results while upholding the highest standards for security and privacy. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, LexisNexis Risk Solutions serves customers in more than 100 countries and is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. For more information, please visit www.lexisnexisrisk.com. LexisNexis Risk Solutions is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.