RELX Group User Experience Specialist I in San Francisco, California
User Experience Specialist I
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Associate UX Designer
About the Design Team
We are a tight-knit and collaborative team of designers and researchers working closely with engineers and product managers to research, explore, and iterate on well-crafted user experiences. Our team is smart, friendly, dedicated, passionate and fun. We’d love to have you join us!
About the Role
LexisNexis is looking for an Associate UX Designer to join the design team. The Associate UX Designer is responsible for helping to create the user experiences for new products and enhancements. This is a customer advocate role within project teams ensuring that products are useful, usable, and desirable via a thorough understanding and practice of the user centered design process. Work with product strategy, product management, product development and users to assist in the design of innovative, industry leading products. Complete all steps in the product design process from conceptualization, detailed user interface, functional design, through implementation and usability review.
• Create best-in-class user interface designs in response to product requirements, innovation opportunities, technology, business needs and customer feedback.
• Develop conceptual models, workflows, design prototypes, and user interface specifications.
• Adhere to global user interface guidelines and standards when required.
• Present design concepts and negotiate with stakeholders to arrive at a design that support business, user and technology goals.
• Communicate and work effectively with cross-functional team members including product managers, project managers, user researchers, other designers and software engineers.
• BA/BS or advanced degree preferred in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Graphic Design or a related field.
• Experience (1-2 years) executing designs for the web using contemporary design and wireframing tools.
• An impressive online portfolio demonstrating experience designing user interfaces and experiences for web applications. We’d like to see examples of web projects that highlight your approach to problem solving, as well as the solutions themselves.
• Comfortable in quickly producing initial concept sketches and user flows.
• Able to articulate the reasons behind your design ideas and decisions to team members from different departments.
• Working knowledge of Sketch and Invision.
• Ability to adjust to frequent changes in project priorities.
• A passion for building easy to use, delightful user experiences. Enthusiastic and excited about solving problems.
• Excellent attention to detail – you should notice even the smallest inconsistencies.
• Awesome listening and personal interaction skills.
• Respectful team player. Collaboration is second nature.
• Confident, yet very humble. Little ego, big open mind.
• Experience working in an agile environment.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis- and Nexis- services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.