RELX Group Sr Visual Designer I in San Francisco, California
Sr Visual Designer I
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Ravel Office - Sr. Visual Designer
At Ravel, we develop the legal profession’s most innovative products for data analysis, visualization, and research. We use the latest techniques in machine learning, knowledge modeling, and data visualization to uncover insights about judges’ rulings, build forecasts of likely outcomes, and reveal critical connections in massive datasets spanning the law, news, and finance.
Ravel is a recently acquired Silicon Valley start-up that is powering growth in analytics and machine learning at LexisNexis--one of the world’s leading research platforms. As a senior Visual Designer on the Ravel team, you will transform low fidelity wireframes into high fidelity design solutions that are helping to reshape the legal industry. You’ll work with data scientists, data engineers, front-end developers, other product designers, and researchers to build beautiful, functional, web-based applications that clarify complex relationships for our end-users. Your designs will be used by hundreds of thousands of users.
At Ravel, you’ll have the experience of working in a start-up culture with the resources of a large established company. Together, we are reshaping the way lawyers practice law.
Visual Designers at Ravel weave together iconography, typography, color, and space to create high-fidelity designs that define the design language for our products. As a visual designer, you would be responsible for:
• Creating innovative interface designs in response to creative direction, user needs, business needs, product innovation, and evolving technology.
• Creating high-fidelity interface designs, vector iconography, motion designs, branding materials, and design specifications.
• Participating in product research and analysis, always striving to know the customers for whom you are designing.
• Working effectively with cross-functional team members on large-scale design efforts
• Making data visualization beautiful, elegant, and functional. You have a deep understanding and love of composition, typography and color. You strive for simplicity and ease of use.
• Balancing tactical design work with critical thinking and mentoring other designers do the same.
• Ensuring desigs are WCAG compliant and equally accessible to all users.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
• 5+ years design experience.
• Experience working with and evolving established design systems.
• A focus on problem-solving first and foremost, with an ability to understand and balance user goals with business strategy and technical feasibility.
• Expert knowledge of using typography, color, and composition to support brand and product requirements.
• Experience forming close working relationships across multidisciplinary teams including other designers, engineers, product managers, and other business partners.
• Comfort with ambiguity in early product definition stages. A blue-sky thinker who loves considering different and novel possibilities.
• Expert knowledge of creative tools: XD or Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, and After Effects.
• A sense of humor and a lot of heart.
Benefits and Perks
• Market competitive total compensation package
• Generous medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
• 401K + company match
• 10 company paid holidays
• Volunteer time off
• Budget for conferences and training
• Catered lunch daily
• Unlimited snacks and drinks
• Craft beer on tap
• Work-from-home Thursdays
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.