RELX Group Software Engineer III in San Francisco, California
Software Engineer III
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
At Ravel we develop the legal profession’s most innovative products forlegal analytics and research, using the latest in visualization and text mining. Lawyers use our products to forecast how judges will rule, find critical cases, and make data-driven decisions. We're working with great technology and the challenges that get us fired up involve large-scale heterogeneous text and data mining, beautiful UI, and machine learning. Industry leader LexisNexis acquired Ravel in 2017.
In this role you will work on new product development in a small team environment. You will perform mid-level research, design, and software development. Qualified applicants will have the ability to do individual pieces of work and solve problems including the design of the program flow of individual pieces of code, effective coding, and unit testing. You will get the experience of working in a start-up culture with the benefits of an established company and large data sets.
This position is located in San Francisco, California.
• Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
• Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of moderate complexity.
• Work closely with other development team members to understand moderately complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
• Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
• Operate in various development environments while collaborating with key stakeholders.
• Resolve technical issues as necessary.
• Keep abreast of new technology developments.
• Complete bug fixes.
• All other duties as assigned.
• 3+ years of Software Engineering experience
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
• Proficiency in one or more development languages such as Java and/or Scala
• Experience designing, implementing and debugging distributed systems
• Experience configuring, identifying performance bottlenecks
• Familiarity with profiling and optimizing system resources
• Experience with implementing solutions for systems monitoring, live deployments and continuous integration
• Deep understanding of distributed systems concepts and principles (consistency and availability, liveness and safety, durability, reliability, security, fault-tolerance)
• Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources.
• Knowledge of AWS services or other similar platforms.
• Knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
• Knowledge of test-driven development.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of Spark, Hadoop, or other distributed computing systems is preferred.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis- and Nexis- services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.