RELX Group Sr. Systems Engineer, Infrastructure Metrics and Tools in Raleigh, North Carolina
Sr. Systems Engineer, Infrastructure Metrics and Tools
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Infrastructure Metrics and Tools Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer
LexisNexis is looking for an experienced infrastructure tools administrator and sysadmin to provide advanced-level service and support for our Lexis Advance product. LexisNexis provides top-class content, information analytics, and workflow solutions for working legal professionals. We bring clarity to information to help our customers reach essential insights and make the right decisions.
The ideal candidate should have extensive background building, maintaining, and scaling monitoring tools and build pipeline utilities primarily running on AWS servers such as Splunk, New Relic, Artifactory, and Jenkins. The administrator is expected to make recommendations for system modifications or enhancements as well as assist in setting standards and developing policies and procedures. The administrator will provide hands-on technical design, engineering, and implementation of evolving architecture of infrastructure tools and applications. The candidate should provide technology/thought leadership around cloud-based tooling solutions and hands-on analysis/resolution of issues.
Specifically, You Will
• Maintain, support, and enhance the Splunk Enterprise environment for the Lexis Advance product.
• Maintain applications and services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Monitor availability, reliability, performance and troubleshoot issues of the Infrastructure tools.
• Build automation to scale infrastructure based on forecasted demand
• Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
• Develop custom tools as necessary
• Document system design and procedures.
• Provide architectural recommendations
You Should Have
• 5+ years’ experience as a Tools/Sysadmin with the demonstrated ability to write programs with at least one scripting language (Python experience highly preferred).
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving systems engineering (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience:
• Experience with Splunk Enterprise indexing and forwarders within a clustered environment.
• Splunk dashboard reporting
• Use of New Relic APM
• Linux OS experience
• Demonstrated system tuning and capacity planning
• AWS services experience specifically Cloud Formation Templates, CloudWatch, lambda, AWS Storage (S3, EBS, Glacier), AWS Security Groups.
• Experience working cloud build pipelines technologies Jenkins, Packer, Artifactory and Git.
• System monitoring/Troubleshooting
• Capacity planning experience.
• Excellent communication skills
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis- and Nexis- services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.