RELX Group Software Engineer Intern in Raleigh, North Carolina
Software Engineer Intern
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Professional role working in a fast-paced environment to deliver market leading software applications. The software engineer Intern will work in an agile team within business insight solutions, leveraging state of the art technology. These applications are used to improve our competitive position and drive key decisions across the firm.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product management, marketing, etc.
• Develop Software Engineering solutions in .Net to support LexisNexis InterAction
• Explore cloud based technologies, Dev Ops capabilities and develop proof of concepts
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis- and Nexis- services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.
• Enrolled student in under grad or post-graduate studies with focus on computer science, computer engineering or other engineering/analytically based course of study
• Full-time work experience a plus
• Strong database, programming (.Net, Java, Python, SQL), ETL and analytical problem solving skills
• Ability to work in whitespace, quickly prototype and develop solutions in an iterative manner
• Great attitude, commitment to excellence and passion to work in team environments
• Excellent analytical, presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strength in Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint