RELX Group Software Engineer III - Full Stack Java in Raleigh, North Carolina
Software Engineer III - Full Stack Java
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Software Engineer III
As a Software Engineer you will participate in a large geographically dispersed software engineering team. You will write software code for the service layer of an enterprise web application consuming data from one of the largest databases in the world. The ideal candidate is passionate about software development, has started their career successfully and is ready to advance to the next level.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
• Contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of Services.
• Design and implement proofs of concept to aid in the engineering process.
• Conduct research to aid Senior Engineers in decision making.
• Perform maintenance and bug fixes for existing web applications.
• Participate in daily scrum and collaborative design sessions.
• Code proof of concepts based on requirements and guidelines.
• Code unit tests based on requirements and guidelines.
• Communicating findings from research tasks.
• Manage your own project tasks, re-work, schedule, and email communications.
• Other tasks as needed for successful project completion.
• 3+ years experience with service-oriented architecture
• Core Java
• Restful web services
• Amazon Cloud Services
• Demonstrated track record of delivering completed tasks and projects on time
• Ability to listen and communicate effectively
• Experience with Oracle a plus
• Experience with MarkLogic a plus
• Experience with XQuery, XML a plus