RELX Group Software Engineer II - .NET in Raleigh, North Carolina
Software Engineer II - .NET
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
As a Software Engineer you will focus on client and server-side development for Lexis Advance, the flagship product of LexisNexis. The Lexis Advance product is the winner of the prestigious 2013 Codie Award for best legal information system. We deliver relevant search results in over one hundred countries from leading legal industry sources in under two seconds using cutting-edge technology. Our engineers strive to improve on perfection in every release and we’re looking for a senior software engineer who shares the same passion for success.
The software engineer will work with peers, and architecture groups to design and optimize solutions. You’ll take part in performance engineering and not just follow industry best practices, but also define them. The engineer in this position will take part in a large geographically dispersed software engineering team working towards a common goal. The ideal candidate is passionate about software development and has a proven track record of delivering solutions on time for high load web application.
Key roles and responsibilities will include:
• Contribute to the design and implementation of a large scale high load web application with millions of users.
• Design and implement proofs of concept and utilities to aid in the engineering process.
• Conduct research to aid other engineers and management in decision making.
• Perform maintenance and bug fixes for existing web applications.
• Provide guidance to more junior developers as well as peers.
• Work with architects to understand requirements and discuss solution design.
• Participate in daily scrum and collaborative design sessions.
• Analyze and optimize client and server side performance.
• Make technical recommendations based on engineering expertise and business needs.
• Code proof of concepts based on requirements and guidelines.
• Communicating findings from research tasks.
• Manage your own project tasks, re-work, schedule, and email communications.
• Other tasks as needed for successful project completion.
• 1 year of web application development experience.
• Skills in C# with 1 year of experience.
• Knowledge of prototype based programming.
• Knowledge of object oriented development.
• Ability to listen and communicate effectively.
• Software company experience building software to be sold as opposed to used internally.
This is a full-time position on-site at our office in Raleigh, NC.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis- and Nexis- services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 email@example.com.