RELX Group Software Engineer II - Full Stack Java in Raleigh, North Carolina
Software Engineer II - Full Stack Java
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Full-Stack Software Engineer II
Candidates will be responsible for maintaining and supporting existing applications in addition to designing, developing, and delivering improved services and solutions to enable an improved customer experience; supporting strategic initiatives and ongoing business requirements. Must be able to take ownership and identify solutions as well as fix problem areas. Ability to learn and apply best practices within fast paced and agile development environmentis a must.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Developing, testing and providing internal documentation of complex software solutions in a full-stack environment.
• Daily development leveraging the Java ecosystem in a AngularJS web-based application.
• Participating in an agile scrum team to provide estimates, design/grooming, planning, and continuous improvement initiatives.
•Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
•Collaborate with key stakeholders.
• Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
• Keep abreast of new technology developments.
Desired Skills & Experience
• 1-2+ years of experience in Java and related technologies/frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, Junit, SLF4J, etc.)
• 1-2+ year working with AngularJS (Angular, NPM, Bower, etc.)
• 1+ years SQL proficiency (preferably within a MS SQL Server environment)
• Experience with Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence, Crucible, Bamboo) a plus
• Experience in interacting with business and consuming business requirements
• Ability to work independently within a team environment
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills