RELX Group Program Manager in Raleigh, North Carolina
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Contributes by providing expertise, delivering results either directly or through others. The role holder has a comprehensive knowledge of managing multiple Value Streams. Role typically needs to implement and deliver strategies within a program to ensure successful delivery. Professional experts working more independently provide thought leadership or deliver significant results in a specialist area. Roles managing others motivate, manage and develop own team, to enhance their roles and assist in the achievement of business objectives. Analytical skills and experience are required in developing solutions and making decisions or more complicated judgements, within general operating guidelines. Non-routine issues may be referred to the role for resolution.
Key result areas
• Provide Agile Program Management:*Work with Agile Delivery teams to review status, risks and issues associated with each project and dependencies across these
-Assist Senior Director Delivery with:
*Program financial tracking and budgeting
*Review of key issues and associate mitigating activities
*Brief executive level stakeholders
-Provide process coaching to Agile teams in the delivery of a Global Product
-Work with business Project Managers to manage dependencies
-Act as a point of escalation for impediments and blockers
*Work with the business to resolve any impediments and blockers
• Work with Senior Director Delivery to:
-Develop and drive adoption of organization wide standards
-Identify and execution of Continuous Improvement activities
-Support creation of project management best practices, tools, and ways for GTO to drive efficiency in order to reduce costs and add value
Skills and experience required
• Coaching and mentoring of staff and teams
• Experience of working as an Agile Programme Manager on large and complex global programmes which are regularly subject to significant changes
• Creating complex programme plans based on multiple underlying Value streams; outlining key tasks, deliverables, dependencies and timelines
• Experience of working on large search initiatives
• Working within a global programme governance
• Presenting to executive/board level
• Working on multi-phased projects with re-planning and continuous improvement based on retrospectives
• Negotiating timescales and resources with delivery teams
• Tracking budgets, progress and finances across multiple interdependent projects
• Promoting of benefits of project management principles to senior stakeholders and within a larger programme
• Working with demanding senior stakeholders to understand objectives and business value and to negotiate consensus
• Managing large projects (multi million pound budgets)
• Change management (including cultural change).
• Planning, monitoring and estimating skills.
• Budget management.
• Risk & issue management
• Commercial planning
• Internal systems development and implementation
• Testing (e.g. management of system/ process testing, UAT).
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis- and Nexis- services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.