RELX Group Product Marketing Manager in Raleigh, North Carolina
Product Marketing Manager
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
LexisNexis Legal & Professional is a digital pioneer providing legal, regulatory and business information and analytics. Our division helps lawyers increase productivity and serve their clients better. We strive to advance the rule of law around the world through our daily business, products, services, and actions.
LexisNexis is seeking a strong and motivated Manager of Product Marketing to be a key contributor in a high-performing Product Marketing team in Raleigh, NC. Product marketing experience is needed to ensure that LexisNexis powerfully and consistently communicates the value of our products to customers by developing differentiated positioning, messaging, use cases and claims for industry-leading products. The function partners with product management team throughout strategic planning and the agile development cycles.
This role develops core marketing assets and executes horizontal, digital campaigns including social and web channels. Internal stakeholders depend on this role for product expertise and the key deliverables to fuel their campaign execution.
The candidate is someone who wants to strengthen an existing foundation of strategic thinking and writing skills. The confidence and skills to collaborate and communicate across functions and levels is needed. Ability to execute established practices balanced with the flexibility to be responsive and innovate is desired. If you have this experience, coupled with independence, intelligence, industriousness, enthusiasm, and a natural ability to fit into our dynamic culture, you’re an ideal candidate
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Product & Customer Immersion: Quickly achieve product expertise and command of the customer experience across segments and roles. Understand product management strategy, roadmap and agile development processes. Become product evangelist
• Strategy: Assist product marketing leader and product management teams to develop product marketing strategy. Develop awareness of the market, personas and use cases. Execute systematic processes and deploy deliverables.
• Value propositions, persona development and messaging: The ability to write value propositions, positioning, personas and messaging is vital to this role.
• Product Launches and Product Releases: Planning, communication and delivery of product marketing deliverables. Reinforce and improve stakeholder engagement. Familiarity with agile marketing and product development cycles a plus.
• Differentiating Claims: Support the development, deployment and maintenance of powerful claims.
• Campaigns: Capable and independent execution of horizontal, digital campaigns including social and web channels, some email. Contribute to media and association efforts. Own product marketing calendar and product award submissions.
• Tactical Execution: Create marketing collateral, presentations and video as well as content such as customer or industry reports, articles, native ads etc.
Skills, Experience and Competencies:
• Minimum Bachelor degree level (in Marketing or related field of study).
• Minimum of 5-7 years of marketing experience in a product or solution-based marketing role in a B-to-B environment.
• Experience with executing product marketing for best in class products and solutions.
• Ability to attain a deep understanding of the business, markets and products and contribute to strong plans that support the overall business strategy and result in business impact.
• Experience planning and executing through the product lifecycle, including defining the product vision and working closely with product management and stakeholders.
• Proven ability to bring people together and work successfully towards a common goal.
• Strong project management skills, ability to lead and manage complex projects independently while collaborating across teams.
• Experience writing value propositions that turn product messaging into impactful customer-facing messages.
• High level of initiative and self-motivation, with experience successfully working in physical and virtual team environments.
• Strong social, SEO and web content and engagement skills.
• Skills in one or more related competencies such as process optimization, key client briefings/events, power point flair, brand and story-telling is desirable.
• Comfort seeking out and analyzing data sets to make decisions.
• Up to 25% travel.
• Experience and knowledge in legal industry is a plus.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis- and Nexis- services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.