RELX Group Manager, PR and Internal Communications in Raleigh, North Carolina
Manager, PR and Internal Communications
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Manager, Public Relations and Internal Communications
The Manager Public Relations & Internal Communications will develop and implement a comprehensive, integrated communications plan to support the North American Research Solutions business unit. This communications professional will be responsible for product and thought leadership public relations, crisis/change management communications, and employee communications.
Reporting to the VP, Head of Corporate Communications, the Manager PR & Internal Communications will join a global communications team and develop a dynamic, proactive, and a forward-leaning business and product narrative that enhances the company’s reputation as a market leader.
Critical to the role will be the ability to create, develop and execute communications programs independently.
The successful candidate will thrive in our fast-paced environment with the ability to work seamlessly across stakeholder groups in the U.S. and Canada. Role requires strong strategic planning, messaging, marketing, and reputation management skills. This candidate will have experience working with traditional mediums and new digital and social formats. S/he will have a passion for excellence in delivering results, and a proven track record of driving transformational narratives.
• Develop strategic public relations program and execute corresponding campaigns and initiatives.
• Coordinate efforts and manage day-to-day relationship with outside PR agency.
• Align public relations initiatives with Product Marketing to ensure that thought leadership messages and priority products are promoted through public relations initiatives as appropriate.
• Coordinate internal spokespeople to implement related initiatives and campaigns.
• Write/edit copy, proofread and revise communications.
• Contribute to development and maintenance of company messaging.
• Assist in content creation including bylines, blog posts and other thought leadership-oriented materials.
• Craft and disseminate press releases, holding statements, media pitches, corporate newsletter content, social media content and conference speaking proposals.
• Support conference, trade show, award press materials and interviews, when applicable.
• Conducts daily media monitoring/analysis of media coverage and industry trends.
• Manage media relationships and support pre- and post-interview processes.
• Proactively identify and secure editorial opportunities that may result in feature coverage or other forms of recognition.
• Work with Web and Content Marketing teams for timely and usable blog, website and social media submissions.
• Develops crisis preparedness materials and work with all stakeholders in the event of a crisis to contain quickly and reduce negative impact, including holding statements, QA and web/social content.
• Contributes content to annual report and other global communications.
• Leads planning, development, and implementation of internal communications strategy for North American Research Solutions.
• Key deliverables include an integrated communications plan to support change management, programs to strengthen employee engagement, and delivery of well branded communications assets.
• Works closely with senior level executives to craft strategy and messaging based on business goals and overall company strategy.
• Collaborates with business unit, functional and global Communications leaders to build alignment and consistency across the organization.
• Develops core messaging and all written, video, digital and social communications assets in support of overall communications approach (newsletters, executive communications, videos, etc.)
• Builds sustained presence on LexisNexis global intranet site.
• Use best practices/tools/appropriate branding to develop and deploy regular internal employee updates.
• Serves as a member of the global Communications Steering Group.
At least 5-7 years of experience in B2B communications; combined corporate and PR agency experience preferred
Bachelors degree in Public Relations, Journalism, English, Communications or Marketing
Knowledge and practical application of traditional and digital PR tactics and techniques
Professional experience with social media including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
Confident communicator and presenter
Outstanding written and presentation skills, including presentation development, editing and proof reading
Full understanding of media needs and media relationships
Calm under pressure
Collaborative approach and experience building strong relationships with diverse stakeholders
Proven track record of envisioning, planning, executing and measuring strategic employee communications programs
Prior experience participating in enterprise transformation initiatives a plus
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis- and Nexis- services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.