RELX Group Global Head of Data Quality and Governance in Raleigh, North Carolina
Global Head of Data Quality and Governance
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Global Head of Data Quality and Governance
The candidate will lead LexisNexis Legal Publishing Business systems Data Governance Organization.
The organization is empowered to drive tangible business data value through the delivery and adoption of enterprise governance, data policies, standards, services & supporting technologies. The role will work very closely with line of business teams to motivate business data ownership and improve the quality of critical data across the enterprise.
Lead the enterprise data trust organization which includes accountability for:*Data governance & principles *Data quality, control & certification *Metadata management *Data knowledge management *Enterprise data stewardship strategy *Enterprise master data management strategy
Define and execute the enterprise data trust strategy (18+ month plan) with recurring milestones and appropriate expectation management with executive sponsors
Facilitate the enterprise Data Oversight Committee with senior executive leaders to:*Maintain data governance strategy *Define data quality priorities *Manage data certification results & enterprise scorecard *Promote business data ownership *Manage data policy compliance *Resolve data conflicts of enterprise data issues across lines of business
Enterprise data trust advocate and change champion
Enterprise champion and escalation support for line of business data stewardship teams
Define and promote data quality standards, controls and measures
Enterprise champion to develop and grow enterprise data knowledge – both employee proprietary knowledge and written documentation
Identify leading capabilities within lines of business to be shared and exploited across the enterprise
• Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in relevant field
• 5+ years of experience leading enterprise business systems data governance/quality initiatives across large complex organizations
• 10+ years of data management experience such as BI reporting, data stewardship, data quality management, metadata management, data governance, data process ownership and/or data manufacturing
• Working understanding of industry best practices & technologies that effectively govern and manage data from various perspectives. (Data governance, curation, preparation, stewardship, analysis &/or reporting)
• Relationship management, execution & delivery
• Proven experience partnering with Business Intelligence, Analytical, Actuarial, &/or Data Science communities
• Proven ability to simplify technology and data concepts for business stakeholders to help drive adoption
• Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with senior management.*Big picture *Actionable plan to execute
• Results oriented with the demonstrated ability to apply strategic and decisive problem solving skills in ambiguous situations.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Strong leadership and influencing skills at the senior management level
• Build talent within the team through coaching, opportunities and team growth by fostering an environment that is a destination for talent.
• Proven ability to create a high performing team that has a culture of continuous learning, collaboration, and is focused on business value and outcomes
• Build commitment and empower others, communicate with clarity, courage and timeliness
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis- and Nexis- services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.