RELX Group Dir Software Engineering in Raleigh, North Carolina
Dir Software Engineering
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Engineering Director of Universal Services
Reporting into the Universal Services CTO this role will direct the expansion, development and running of a high performing technical team for LexisNexis’s Universal Services team. LexisNexis desires to have a best in class Agile software delivery function that can quickly adapt to market needs and deliver robust enterprise solutions to its customers both external and internal.
Working closely with the heads of Product Management, Quality and Program team to collaborate on continually enhancing how we develop and release products to market – using lean/agile delivery techniques
Based in Raleigh but collaborating with our global technology centers, the Universal Services team is focused on creating bleeding edge internal open source platforms for our development teams to take advantage of. The team is focussed on the very best in class development and always seeks to improve what is possible with regards to speed, search relevance, scalability, automation and development techniques
The role will be responsible for:
• Designing and developing enterprise class software on a global level and responds in less than a second
• Creating software that is robust, secure and scalable and meets all compliance needs of RELX and local laws
• Managing and developing the development team, ensuring it is cross functional and operates as a single unit
• Ensuring product delivery and software creation is metrics driven, using evidence and experimentation to produce better results for our clients
• All teams are collaborating together and constantly looking to improve
• SLDC is continually refined to take advantage of rapid improvements in the industry
• A servant/leader environment is created, which focuses on rapidly delivery whilst remaining compliant and stable
• Our people managers are trained in lean/agile and are focused on delivering value
• The development teams are using XP techniques focused on continual delivery, ruthless automation, high quality and continual learning
• Real world implementation of ML, NLQ, AI at scale and speed
The successful candidate will be obsessed by continually innovating and educating other on how to drive our platforms forward. The role will be heavily involved in the very latest technologies and will be capable of driving teams that need to be investigating new languages and platforms, whilst delivering value to the wider development community
The team is expected to use XP and you will be highly experienced in test first, automate first environments.
Knowledge of DDD and other enterprise class patterns is highly desirable
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis- and Nexis- services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.