RELX Group Data Scientist in Raleigh, North Carolina
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is rapidly growing in importance for LexisNexis. We’re seeing the acceleration of amazing AI work being developed in the Legal space. AI technology is evolving quickly and there are many sources for AI programming tools which developers are using as part of their products. However, with this rapid growth in development, there is a growing need for developers who can understand and operate with the latest AI standards and best-practices. Therefore, we are looking for AI practitioners who are devoted to developing high quality AI solutions within the framework of a large legal research system. We need technologists who are comfortable working with other engineers and product teams to imagine, plan, and create the next great AI features.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to develop legal AI. This will require application of machine learning and AI methods with respect to NLP, text analytics and big data. The position offers the opportunity to work in a development team comprised of engineers, product owners, and subject-matter experts, and with operational groups to determine technology's applicability to our enterprise requirements. The candidate will bring experience in software development, machine learning techniques, Natural Language Processing (NLP), semantic technologies or similar advanced technologies, as well as knowledge of languages and specialized libraries for your advanced technology specialties.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key member of development teams helping to ensure customer success on the AI platform. Participate in feature and project discussions by understanding customer needs and developing technical solutions to meet those needs. Provide updates to development team and work with others to ensure product releases are stable, tested, and meet all customer and architectural requirements.
• Aid in developing solutions leveraging AI services, working closely with our customers to deeply understand their business needs and to design a technical solution that takes best advantage of a centralized, best-in-class AI service
• Propose AI solutions through mechanisms like proof-of-concepts or prototypes
• Participate and contribute to an AI internal community of Subject Matter Experts.
• Understand and follow best practices and insights for the use of AI services for customer solutions.
• The candidate will possess both technical and customer-facing skills that will allow them to understand product needs and communicate proposed technical solutions. He or she will be able interact and give advice and opinions to technical experts, software developers, IT pros, and architects. The ideal candidate will also have an ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
New Graduate with MS in Statistics, Machine Learning, or a Data Science related field
Data Science and NLP skills
Formal training in dimensionality reduction, clustering, and sequence classification algorithms
Some practical training in Machine Learning package ScikitLearn
Some practical training in NLP methods such as OpenNLP, StanfordNLP, Mallet, LDA, word2ve
- Recent coding experience using Python AND/OR (Java OR Scala)