RELX Group Data Scientist III in Raleigh, North Carolina
Data Scientist III
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
LexisNexis is transforming its legal and business information products and services with analytics and AI technology. We are investing in data science and AI to automate and digitize our operations across legal text content lifecycle and business processes. Towards this goal, we are interested in hiring a Sr. Data Scientist in the global operations team, who has hands-on and in-depth experience in translating business problems and opportunities into data science solutions. Ideal candidate would have handled a similar role for 2+ years and contributed to innovation, team management, thought leadership and successful AI experimentations.
• Perform hands-on data processing, statistical analysis, NLP, machine learning, deep learning with large unstructured and structured datasets.
• Develop AI experiments and help implement scalable machine learning-based solutions
• Participate in model reviews with key stakeholders, including stakeholders with limited statistical backgrounds
• Work with product leaders to apply data science solutions
• Translate complex business requirements into actionable stories with reasonable time estimates
• Participate in knowledge sharing sessions (e.g. Guilds and Chapters)
• MS or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, or a Data Science related field
• 3+ years of industry experience or academic research experience
DATA SCIENCE AND NLP SKILLS:
• Formal training in dimensionality reduction, clustering, and sequence classification algorithms
• 3+ years experience using deep learning
• 3+ years experience using NLP tools such as NLTK, StanfordNLP, spaCy, LDA, word2vec
• 3+ years recent coding experience using Python AND/OR (Java OR Scala)
• SQL programming experience
CLOUD AND DATABASE SKILLS:
• 1-3 years experience developing in AWS
• 1-3 years experience working in high-performance / large-scale (big data) computing systems (e.g Hadoop, Spark)
TEAM AND SOCIAL SKILLS:
• Strong collaboration and team skills (DIR/MGR)
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its LexisNexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business.
Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 email@example.com.