RELX Group Account Executive Patent Analytics in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Account Executive Patent Analytics
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reed Tech, a LexisNexis Company (a subsidiary of RELX) has Account Executive Patent Analytics opportunity. The Account ExecutivePatent Analytics is a committed, high-energy, sales representative responsible for establishing, developing and closing sales of Intellectual Property (IP) Analytics products and services for LexisNexis IP. Our sales team works in a fast-paced sales environment offering excellent growth, both professionally and financially, supported by excellent sales tools and outbound Marketing, Lead Generation campaigns, which fuel pipelines. This role requires an aptitude for building trusted relationships with senior business leaders. The Account Executive Patent Analytics leverages expertise to convey credibility, meaningfully assess customer needs, and promote the portfolio of uniquely differentiated analytics solutions to new clients in a consultative manner. The candidate will be focused on helping clients achieve strategic portfolio management, with outcomes related to licensing, monetization, benchmarking, and mergers and acquisitions. This role has a balance of individual and collaborative consultative selling. Covers entire U.S. market. Home-based opportunity.
· Develop new revenue from portfolio (existing and new departments) to achieve/exceed territory revenue plan across defined territory.
· Achieve appointment, discovery call, opportunity creation, and won deal metrics as an individual contributor
· Contributes to the development of new sales revenues by identifying potential sales opportunities, conducting in pre-sales calls, delivering customized presentations, creating written proposals, providing subject-matter expertise and consistently driving sales to close each month and quarter.
· Builds strong “trust” relationships with clients, creating trust and confidence at multiple levels, including users, key contacts, managers and business leaders, to increase revenue and sales opportunities.
· Responsible for all aspects of the sales cycle, RFP management and contract negotiation
· Track activities and performance through CRM, monitoring activities daily to ensure targets are met
· Communicate all details of conversations via CRM to key stakeholders including sales, marketing and product teams
· Participate in tradeshows, events and professional associations aligned with IP to build a strong network and promote the LexisNexis IP strategy
· Leverage key technology including Clearslide, DocuSign, NetSuite in order to efficiently manage sales territory and objectives
· Perform other related duties/special projects as directed by Manager in a timely and accurate manner.
· Utilizes knowledge of intellectual property to conceive and position value-added solutions to promote business growth in the corporation and to lift growth in IP revenue.
· Collaborates with internal stakeholder to identify cross-sell opportunities.
· Prior success selling a high value, disruptive solution to Executive Level contacts is a must; SaaS and IP experience preferred.
· Candidate must possess exceptional hunting and closing skills, be effective overcoming resistance and able to work independently without supervision.
· 7+ years of successful field selling of software solutions
· Hard working self-starter with a proven track record achieving or exceeding set sales lead and pipeline goals
· Proficiency in one or more of the following sales methodologies:
· The Challenger Sale
· Solution Selling
· Strategic Selling
· Experience in negotiating >$100K agreements
· Results-oriented work, analytical thinking, communication skills and good organizational skills.Undergraduate degree in business or marketing is an asset
· Intellectual Property knowledge or legal experiences is an asset
· Experience selling Business Intelligence solutions and/or experience selling solutions focused on Intellectual Property are a plus
· Strong cold calling skills backed by past performance. You like to hunt for new opportunities and develop rapport/relationships with prospective, senior-level clients.
· Operationally savvy, keeping your days and weeks highly organized, juggling new outbound efforts with follow up on emails, engaging in social media business initiatives
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Works work well as a part of a team
· Highly motivated to achieve ambitious goals
· CRM experience
· Able to travel approximately 40% of the time
Reed Techis aprovider of best-in-class information-based solutions and services to meet the broad needs of the global IP market as well as key regulatory needs of the Life Sciences industry. Our customers include the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, IP driven companies, law firms, and a wide range of pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers. The corporate culture is driven by a commitment to excellence, innovation and a strong dedication to its customers, employees and community. Reed Tech is a LexisNexis company.
LexisNexis Legal & Professionalis a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. Part of RELX, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact HR-Careers@lexisnexis.com.