RELX Group Software Engineer in New York, New York
Location: New York, New York, United States
Law360 is seeking a Software Engineer to join our small Technology Team based in New York City.
What we are looking for: a self-motivated individual looking to make an immediate impact on the backends of our portfolio websites.
You will be responsible for:designing and implementing new products and features on law360.com and the Law360 family of brands. You will design and develop customer facing web applications and mobile apps. You will report to the Lead Engineer.
● Developing and iterating over new and existing elements of the platform to maximize site availability, reliability, and maintainability.
● Create new web experiences for various publications on Law360.
● Stay current on new technologies as they relate to innovations in web-based application development.
● Work with the development team on the implementation of common frameworks and solutions.
Skills and Knowledge:
● 1-5 years experience developing and administering web sites
● Experience with Ruby required (other languages, such as Java a plus).
● Experience using SQL and/or NoSQL databases required.
● Experience with Lucene-based search engines (Elasticsearch, SOLR, etc.).
● Experience with managing and automating infrastructure on Amazon Web Services.
● Comfortable with Linux
● Experience handling all aspects of the the end user experience including interactions and performance from backend to frontend
● Experience with Ruby on Rails
● Knowledge of Google Analytics a plus
Who we are:
Law360, a LexisNexis company, is an online newswire for business lawyers that covers major litigation, transactions and regulatory issues. Founded in 2004 and acquired by LexisNexis in 2012, Law360 is a cutting-edge organization and one of the fastest-growing subscription news services in the U.S. Our subscribers include the largest law firms in the U.S. and around the world, in-house counsel at major corporations, and key decision-makers in the government sector.
Law360 offers a casual and flexible work environment, comprehensive benefits (including; medical, dental, generous paid time off, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and a pre-tax commuter program), and competitive salary with bonus eligibility.
Portfolio Media Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.