RELX Group MLEX Business Development Manager – Investment Markets in New York, New York
MLEX Business Development Manager – Investment Markets
Location: New York, New York, United States
MLex Business Development Manager – Investment Markets
Location: New York
MLex, a division of LexisNexis, is a global news organization that specializes in predictive analysis of regulatory risk. Our expert investigative journalists and analysts based in London, Brussels, New York, Washington D.C., San Francisco, Hong Kong, Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo and Sao Paulo track material changes to laws that affect business, commerce and trade. We provide market defining Intel and analysis to finance, investment and legal professionals, and to the executives who define their corporations key regulatory risk management strategies.
By breaking news and dissecting trends, we help companies and their advisers anticipate critical regulatory decisions, while also tracking key enforcement and litigation developments in a number of verticals.
MLex has a strong track record of helping Hedge Funds to out-manoeuvre the market and identify potential regulatory hurdles for mergers and acquisitions. Our exclusive market insight, analysis and commentary covers deals from pre-notification through notification, review and approval.
Our services are delivered online and in real-time.
Overview of Role
Reporting to Josep Alba (Head of Business Development for Investment Markets), you will be directly responsible for identifying and capitalizing on new business opportunities selling MLex services to the Investment Management space (Hedge Funds, Pension Plans, Mutual Funds….) in USA. This a New Business focused role and is newly created to drive further expansion beyond our traditional stronghold in the Merger Arbitrage funds.
This role is hands on and requires a mature professional who appreciates a high degree of autonomy.
As an advocate for MLex you will build strong internal networks with both commercial and editorial colleagues, and maintain a close understanding of our editorial output, and its relevance to your prospects.
You will need to be highly confident, articulate and driven to succeed in this high-level professional environment.
As theBusiness Development Manageryour key roles and responsibilities will include:
· Developing & executing strategic territory plans to capitalize on market opportunity; accurately forecasting new business month by month
· Managing & growing a pipeline through active prospecting
· Managing complete sales cycle from lead identification through customer relationship management and deal closure
· Achieving and exceeding monthly targets as defined by the Head of Sales – Investment Markets, with accurate forecasting as needed
· Preparing a sales plan to displace competitive products within prospect base
· Developing new contacts with decision-makers and influencers
· Prioritizing opportunities, ensuring maximum customer-facing time is achieved
· Effectively working alongside other stakeholder departments to ensure an integrated approach to customer care, and that market needs are being meet
· Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the features, advantages and benefits of all MLex products
Special Knowledge / Skills Required
· Bachelor’s Degree (in a finance related field preferably but not mandatory)
· 10+ years’ experience
· Proven track record of working successfully in a challenging and commercially driven sales environment, preferably within subscriptions space in the Information or Research arena
· Experience in solution sales – preferably within the investment/finance space
· High level communication and contract negotiation skills are a must
· Demonstrable experience building and maintaining excelling client relationships
Business and industry knowledge
Leadership and people development
Interpersonal effectiveness and communication
Delivery of results and impact on business results
We offer competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
MLex is an Equal Opportunity Employer.