RELX Group Marketing Analyst in New York, New York
Location: New York, New York, United States
Law360, a LexisNexis company, is a one-stop source for legal news and in-depth analysis, with up-to-the-minute coverage of litigation, regulation, legislation, compliance and enforcement, executive orders, corporate deals, and more across dozens of practice areas, industries, and jurisdictions.
Founded in 2004 and acquired by LexisNexis in 2012, Law360 blends cutting-edge technology and journalistic expertise to deliver the intelligence legal and business professionals need. Our subscribers include top law firms, Fortune 1000 companies, and key government agencies across the U.S. and around the globe, and we’re one of the fastest-growing news organizations in the world.
We are currently seeking a talented Marketing Analyst to join our Marketing Research & Analysis (MRA) team. The Marketing Analyst is a key team member responsible for applying an understanding of the legal market and Law360 products to identify, reach and grow the prospect base across specific market segments. Under direct supervision of the Director of Marketing, this position is tasked with developing and executing ongoing routines to prospect for leads and to drive awareness and engagement with email marketing campaigns.
In addition to prospecting and campaign efforts, the Marketing Analyst is responsible for developing relationships with the Sales organization, to share actionable intelligence about the market landscape, potential prospects, and campaign results to increase customer acquisitions and retain existing clients. The Marketing Analyst also collaborates with Marketing Communications, Product Specialists, Editorial, and Technology to provide research and analysis in support of competitive intelligence and product development and launch efforts.
• Apply understanding of the business, research and marketing strategies, and Law360 products and services to plan and accomplish marketing goals
• Assist with evaluating and procuring third-party information sources to expand Law360 prospect base
• Identify potential B2B organizations to market Law360 products and services
• Consult various data sources for relevant contacts at each organization
• Evaluate prospective clients based on professional demographics to create and execute email marketing campaigns
• Perform ongoing evaluation of prospecting database to ensure quality, accuracy and completeness
• Monitor progress and measure effectiveness of marketing programs, and report to supervisor in a timely manner
• Conduct research, sizing, and analysis of current and potential markets and products
• Prepare and maintain marketing briefs of Law360 products that are used by the business to understand the best way to market products and acquire or retain clients
• Perform other lead generation and customer acquisition activities, such as sales enablement, competitive intelligence, and trade shows and events, as necessary
• Seek, collect, and deliver key information, such as demographic data and user engagement habits and trends, for the Sales team to grow customer base
• Collaborate with Marketing Communications and Product Specialists to gather and analyze information on competitors, competing products, pricing, distribution channels, and methods of marketing
• Coordinate product development and launch efforts with Editorial and Technology
• Maintain cooperative working relationships with others
• B.A./B.S. in Marketing, Business, or a related field
• Strong working proficiency in commonly used computer applications – including Google Apps and Microsoft Office (particularly Microsoft Excel)
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
• Strong project management skills; organized, extremely high attention to detail, able to manage multiple time-sensitive projects
• Strong teamwork and communications skills; be able to speak and listen well, and present information to colleagues in an effective and succinct manner
• Up to 2-3 years of Marketing or Marketing Research experience Preferred
• Experience with B2B marketing, prospect discovery, and lead generation
• Ideal candidate possesses ability to adapt to changing needs based on business and market demands, and to take initiative and drive projects with minimal supervision
• Interest or experience in the legal or media space
Please note: qualified candidates will be asked to complete writing tests electronically.
Law360 offices are located in Chelsea, NYC. We offer a casual and flexible work environment, comprehensive benefits (including; medical, dental, generous paid time off, 401(k), FSA, tuition reimbursement, and a pre-tax commuter program), and competitive salary.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its LexisNexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business.
Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.