RELX Group Part Time Contract Attorney - Commercial/Residential Real Estate (Home Based) in Manhattan, New York
Part Time Contract Attorney - Commercial/Residential Real Estate (Home Based)
Location: Manhattan, New York, United States
LexisNexis is looking for a New York real estate attorney with significant experience in commercial and residential foreclosures and commercial and residential landlord-tenant matters (evictions) and at least 3 years AM Law 200 experience to draft practical guidance (articles) and annotated forms for an online legal product for attorneys. This position will be filled on a part time basis, approximately 20-30 hours a week and will be home based.
• Draft and edit annotated commercial and residential real estate form agreements
• Draft and edit practical guidance articles regarding foreclosures and evictions
• Draft checklists regarding foreclosures and evictions
• Law degree from an accredited law school
• Member, in good standing, of New York State Bar
• 5+ years of experience as a transactional real estate attorney (3 of which must have been at an AM Law 200 firm)
• Substantive experience in drafting New York eviction documents such as notices and petitions and New York foreclosure documents such as notices, affirmations and affidavits.
• Excellent legal research, writing and editing skills.
-Ability to think critically and annotate real estate agreements
• Excellent editing, legal research, analysis and writing skills
• Ability to complete assigned projects by prescribed deadlines
• Organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to manage tasks effectively and efficiently
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its LexisNexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business.
Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.