RELX Group IP Account Executive in Horsham, Pennsylvania
IP Account Executive
Location: Horsham, Pennsylvania, United States
The IP Account Executive sells leading Intellectual Property (IP) products and services to the defined market. The IP Account Executive is the Company expert in Intellectual Property (IP) research tools, workflow products and related services. The IP Account Executive leverages this expertise to skillfully assess customer needs and promote the portfolio of uniquely differentiated solutions in a targeted and highly professional manner.
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable of IP products and search tools and be an accomplished, sales professional who can effectively and assertively support and drive new business of assigned products and services within their territory. The IP Account Executive will network and build key contacts and business relationships to initiate lead generation and drive preference for Reed Tech products and services and will work collaboratively across functions to best position and sell our products and achieve sales revenue objectives. This is a field based sales position. with primary territory being OH, PA, KY, WV, VA and NC.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 7-10 years of B2B sales experience preferably in the intellectual property industry. Ideal candidates will have knowledge of the Intellectual Property (IP) market and the patent process. Previous experience and knowledge of IP workflow is highly desired.
· At least 5-10 years of successful hunting and cold calling sales experience.
· Proven ability to sell complex products to new customer prospects
· Excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills
· Experience in the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) is a plus.
· Experience working as a patent attorney / patent agent, within a patent law firm, or within a corporate legal department dealing with patents is a plus
· Understanding and expertise in computer hardware and software including but not limited to: Windows, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, contact management, Sales force automation tools / CRMs,, the Internet other sales metrics and reporting tools.
· Up to 50% travel required.
Reed Techis aprovider of best-in-class information-based solutions and services to meet the broad needs of the global IP market as well as key regulatory needs of the Life Sciences industry. Our customers include the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, IP driven companies, law firms, and a wide range of pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers. The corporate culture is driven by a commitment to excellence, innovation and a strong dedication to its customers, employees and community. Reed Tech is a LexisNexis company. LexisNexis Legal & Professionalis a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact HR-Careers@lexisnexis.com