RELX Group Product Development Engineer in Higashi-Azabu, Japan
Product Development Engineer
Location: Higashi-Azabu, Tokyo, Japan
As a Product Development Engineer you need to support the AsOne Server migration to cloud and take the lead on Japanese language AI initiatives.
Roles and Responsibility:
• Lead developer role for local online product development:
• Working on product management to define business requirements.
• Communicate with GTO China staff on the technical implementation of these specs.
• Leading the testing and user manual creation of releases.
• Working with the Editorial Operations teams, ensuring the continuity of day to day operations
• Trouble-shooting as needed in order to solve the problems.
• Make utility tools for internal users.
• Closely following recent technological trends to seek ways to implement them in local products and processes.
• Acting as the bridge between LNJ and 3rd parties to seek speedy deployment of their technologies where appropriate.
• Make a proto-type or POC locally.
• Bilingual Japanese and English (writing, speaking, reading) is a must
• Chinese capability is nice to have, but not required
• Scripting language like a Perl is nice to have, but not required
• System architecture design experience is nice to have, but not required
• Experience in basic editorial process in terms of submission, proof reading, changes and finalization.
• Prior experience (2+ years) in legal publishing, legal research or legal compliance is nice to have
• Prior experience (2+ years) in programing / system development.
• Attention to detail, task and project management skills
• Work productively and efficiently
• Problem solving, communication and negotiation skills
• Team player and giving positive influencing
• Managing the several jobs in parallel
• Innovation, Customer Focus, Winning Sprit, Team player, borderlessness