RELX Group Sr Software Engineer in Gurgaon, India
Sr Software Engineer
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, India
This position performs requirements gathering, design, and software development assignments within a specific software functional area or product line. This position performs moderate research, design, and software development assignments within a specific software functional area or product line.
• Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of moderate complexity.
• Work closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
• Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
• Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
• Resolve technical issues as necessary.
• Keep abreast of new technology developments.
• Complete bug fixes.
• All other duties as assigned.
Experience and qualification
5+ years of experience as a software engineer with 2+ years in the field of machine learning
B.Tech/BE/MCA or equivalent qualification and experience required
Proficiency in Python and machine learning frameworks and packages like scikit learn, Anaconda development environment.
Proficiency in data analytics and machine learning algorithms - regression algorithms, decision trees and forests, SVM, Naïve Bayes and neural networks.
Proficiency in building, training and scoring machine learning models.
Knowledge of Azure ML Studio, IBM Watson and TensorFlow are added advantage
Knowledge and experience of Natural language processing is an added advantage
Proficiency in .Net/Java framework and extensive knowledge of working with XML.
Knowledge of Relational databases (MySQL/MSSQLServer/Oracle) (Any one or more).
Knowledge of NoSQL databases is preferred (Cassandra, MarkLogic or others).
Familiarity of industry best practices — coding standards, source code control techniques and build and release management.