RELX Group Sr Software Engineer in Gurgaon, India
Sr Software Engineer
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, India
This position performs requirements gathering, design, and software development assignments within a specific software functional area or product line. This position performs moderate research, design, and software development assignments within a specific software functional area or product line.
• Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of moderate complexity.
• Work closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
• Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
• Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
• Resolve technical issues as necessary.
• Keep abreast of new technology developments.
• Complete bug fixes.
• All other duties as assigned.
Experience and qualification
5+ years of experience as a software engineer.
B.Tech/BE/MCA or equivalent qualification and experience required
• Proficiency with data manipulation languages - XSLT (Mandatory), Perl/PHP/Python (Any one or more)
• Proficiency in .Net/Java framework and extensive knowledge of working with XML.
• Knowledge of Relational databases (MySQL/MSSQLServer/Oracle) (Any one or more).
• Knowledge of NoSQL databases is preferred (Cassandra, MarkLogic or others).
• Familiarity of industry best practices — coding standards, source code control techniques and build and release management.
• Knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
• Knowledge of test-driven development. Knowledge of unit testing frameworks like JUnit is preferred.
• Good oral and written communications skills.