RELX Group VP of Marketing in Dayton, Ohio
VP of Marketing
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States
Vice President of Marketing
This position will lead all aspects of Specialized Law Marketing and related strategy, including setting objectives, initiatives, processes, and standards which will be leveraged throughout the segment. This role will lead segment marketing strategies and elements to drive brand equity, revenue and profitability.
The successful candidate will have deep b2b software marketing expertise, be a decisive, creative marketing leader and relationship builder with a keen intellect and a bias for action. This individual will have a passion for excellence, a rigorous data driven approach and a relentless commitment to continuously improve, inspire and grow.
• Lead the process and development of marketing plans in designated specialized areas.
• Advanced ability in the development of marketing strategies, and programs building brand equity
• Lead plans to incorporate marketing elements in the new product launches
• Alignment with the Brand Marketing area needs for PR, Direct to Customer, Show Management, web, sales/account management tools.
• Recommendations of marketing effectiveness versus objectives
• Achieving revenue goals and managing approved budgets.
• Monthly department report, financial and customer analysis, quarterly updates.
• Leadership skills, clear communication plans and alignment to internal and external stakeholders, and persuading others to support ideas.
• Collaborates with business unit leaders to ensure that marketing efforts are aligned with and adding value to the business.
• Leads the team to provide superior strategic market analytics, campaign marketing effectiveness analysis, web analysis and funnel analysis and provides strategic testing plan, execution and deep insights.
A highly capable b2b marketer with at least 10 years of experience in increasingly larger marketing leadership roles. Our ideal candidate has significant software experience, legal experience a plus.
Proven results in integrated marketing, database analytics, digital, social, e-commerce. The ideal candidate will have experience with building and fostering a culture of testing, tracking and analyzing results.
Strong analytic and financial skills. Comfortable with numbers, demonstrated quantitative skills in measuring results, and able to quickly understand how marketing impacts the economics of the division.
History of setting and achieving the highest standards of performance for the team; someone recognized for attracting and developing great talent and delivering breakthrough team results.
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multifunctional teams. Strong interpersonal and judgment skills to influence teams across the matrix.
Consistent success and results in a highly matrixed environment, coupled with strong credibility and a reputation for achieving goals with limited resources.
Legal industry experience preferred.
Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree is preferred.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis- and Nexis- services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.