RELX Group Front-end Developer in Dayton, Ohio
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States
As aFront-end Developeron our team, you’ll need to:
· Stay aware of current industry trends
· Have a passion for quality, simplicity, and getting things done
· Develop features with maintainable, modular, and reusable code
· Feel a sense of ownership in the product quality, streamlining code and paying down technical debt
· Think creatively, questioning current approaches and proposing better alternatives
· Lead small technical project design and implementation efforts
· Work proactively with others through pull requests, pair programming, design, and help sessions
Desired Technical Experience:
· React (preferred), angular/vue/etc. (also good)
· node, npm, yarn
· CSS, Sass/Less/Stylus
· Responsive design
Basic expectations in this position:
· Able to work independently and in a cooperative team environment
· Technical knowledge and desire to learn more (coding, testing, design)
· Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the team, and outside leaders
· Work comfortably with our continuous integration tools to automate builds and deployments
· Consider new functionality and business processes, and raise technical implications
· Perform some analysis to verify potential effectiveness of new initiatives
· Recommend and perform code changes to obtain better performance
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, math or equivalent technical discipline, or equivalent technical experience.
· 1+ year of experience developing software, preferably in an agile team
When you join LexisNexis, you become part of an organization that places a premium on leadership:
· We value boundarylessness. We embrace the global nature of our business.
· We have a passion for understanding and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
· We pursue innovation and value ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking.
· We are a high energy, fast-moving, decisive organization.
· We put the highest priority on recruiting, developing, and retaining outstanding people.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexisand Nexisservices. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genderidentity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 firstname.lastname@example.org.