RELX Group Legal Analyst - Real Estate/Corporate in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Legal Analyst - Real Estate/Corporate
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
LexisNexis, a leader in legal publishing, seeks a recently practicing attorney with at least 2 years of experience in Real Estate or Corporate general practice, or a paralegal with 5+ years experience in Real Estate or Corporate (AMLaw 100/200 firm), to join their practical guidance division. This role is responsible for performing legal research and maintaining the currency of the existing online content portfolio.
As the Legal Analyst your roles and responsibilities will be the following:
•Perform legal research and editorial tasks associated with updating existing Lexis Practice Advisor (LPA) content
• Monitor current awareness and stay abreast of changes in law
• Draft or revise content, including forms, treatise sections and cases
•Oversee and execute LPA content remediation projects focused on improving the customer experience
• Acquire a firm understanding of editorial processes/style guidelines and enforce best practices
• Improve operational effectiveness by standardizing and streamlining processes, creating documentation and making recommendations for continuous improvement in editorial workflow
• Meet or exceed production and quality requirements
• Participate in training as required and perform additional tasks as assigned
• Juris Doctorate with 2+ years of experience in Real Estate or Corporate general practice, or a paralegal with 5+ years of experience in Real Estate or Corporate department (AMLaw 100/200 firm).
• Strong analytical, legal research and writing skills
• Knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style and Bluebook citation rules
• Ability to prioritize and meet critical deadlines
• Flexibility necessary to adapt to changing business demands
• Technical aptitude
• Curious learner
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its LexisNexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.